Saturday, September 16, 2006

Avoiding the Food Troll


Today has been a day spent avoiding the Dreaded Food Troll - yes he is an "entity" in my life as well as my "Inner Gollum" (but thankfully I haven't heard as much from him lately, only the echoes of "you gotta get leeeeeaaaannnner my precious").

We started by celebrating Georgia's birthday and having in true Nelo tradition, birthday cake for breakfast. I had a small piece which was fine, but I do believe the simple sugar/fat combination seems to switch on something in me that says , "troll, girl!"

The neck and shoulder are beginning to feel much better and it's almost a comedy how something seems to happen to me just before a comp - last time it was having to move out of the house (DH flooded it) and being in a position where food prep was very precarious.

Training today: BOSU/elliptical/rower circuit 45 mins - did some leg drills for the first time this week and felt much better.

Will be leaving for Brisvegas on Thursday just in time for the RPM launch at Indro on Saturday with Julia - cannot wait. Apart from that my mission is to shave off another 0.25 kg by Wednesday - if I don't, Coach Dave gets 100.00 US dollars to donate to a charity of his choice. So as I look around for what sweet treats I can pick away at (picking doesn't involve calories, right...wrong!), I bring the leverage into focus and here I am....

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Liz,

Lisa from JD's forum.

I'm with Lia honey....step away from the cake.

Which comps are you competing in? I will come say hi to you.

Lisa

LizN said...

Hi Lisa

I'll add you onto my blog list. I'm in Qld and doing the INBA championships with Josh and Nationals in October.

Great to see you in blogland

Hugs
Liz :)