Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I ate today

I have had a few emails/comments about what constitutes a Paleo intake - good reading includes the original "Paleo Diet" (though it should have been called Lifestyle) and the resource I have used the most, "Paleo Diet for Athletes".

Thought I'd list out what I ate today as an example in full prep mode - the athlete's book provides for one serving of grains.

Breakfast: 50g oats, 1 scoop protein powder, glutamine, creatine
Morning Tea: 200g raspberries
Lunch: 160g salmon fillet, macadamia nuts crushed, 1 cup fresh beans, 2 cups broccoli, lemon juice
Arvo Tea: 6 egg white + whole egg omelette made with half bag Woollies spinach, 2 cups mushrooms, 1 tomato , shallots and cracked pepper., 2 plums
Dinner: 150g chicken breast poached in tomato puree, canned tomatoes, 1 big bag of spinach, onion, garlic, fresh herbs, 2 cups of green beans
Dessert: 200g raspberries and a plum.

Carbs well over 40% in this example - believe it or not this just scrapes in under 1300 cals. I'm not advocating the lower cal number necessarily, but just highlighting that you can eat an abundance of food, even when in full prep.

2 comments:

MTB Girl said...

Hey Liz

Did you make a crust for your salmon with the macadamias? It's delicious with either coriander or basil mixed in with the nuts, piled on top of the fish and baked. :)

Kek said...

Glad to see that oats still make an appearance... A day without oats just isn't worth living. ;o)

I'm loving my veggies at the moment too.