Thursday, November 30, 2006

New beginnings and the WHY


I think I am finally back to normal (whatever that is) and have been mulling over the next stage of my journey and coming up with the all important WHY, the guts of why I'm doing what I want to do. I will probably share bits and pieces of my WHY in the course of time - much of it is "internal", however I sense a feeling of travelling along a higher plane in this next phase.

I got the photos and DVD of the INBA Qld show and I've posted one of the pics above. I must say that I am disappointed in the photos - not by how I looked, but rather the quality of the pictures and the lighting. I was pleased by the DVD (I had been extremely worried that I would look dorky as I did in the first show) and felt that my conditioning was superb. What I was stunned by was just how much muscle I gained in a relatively short space of time and wondered if physique is in my future somewhere down the track.

However that track doesn't look like it will be 2007. I am seriously considering surgery to fix my belly which I must admit is now really starting to bother me. So I will get 3 or 4 referrals and really do some research.

Trying to get back on track now with a little bit of exercise - went for a run this morning before it got really hot and I mused on all of the places I have run in my life - it is quite a sight looking down the railway line and seeing one building plus a dirty great heat haze, plus more flies than you can poke a stick at.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,

I just tried to post and I had trouble with the sign-in so if this gets sent twice please disregard on of them.

You really sound like you have found some peace. I am truly happy for you.

I also really liked to see that part of your WHY is that you just enjoy the process - it makes you happy. I came up with the same sort of WHY but never really knew if it was a good reason - a legitimate reason. This is compounded by the fact that I'm not very good at looking in myself for those types of things. In some way it gives me comfort when I see others also think that is a great reason for living the way we do.

Thanks again for being such an awesome person and a true inspiration!

Cheryl

Bug's Mumma said...

Hey Liz,

Thanks for your emails last night - I really appreciate it.

I have to agreed with the QLD pics - mine were a bit ordinary too. I havent had the chance to watch the DVD as yet, but hopefully I will be able to this weekend.

Speak to you soon.

xo

LizN said...

Thanks Cheryl for taking the time to post this. I think once you make a big goal, it's hard to re focus, particularly without the goal of competition - especially for everyday maintenance - thanks for sharing your thoughts - it's helpful to me as well to hear what others think :)

Hugs
LIz ;)