Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Holy Pizza, Batman!


Yowsa! In my quest to create yet another Leanness Lifestyle gourmet meal, I overdid the calories somewhat! I made an absolutely delicious Chicken Tikka Marsala Pizza last night as part of a challenge I have with a client to come up with some more LL friendly dinners.

It was chicken breast marinated in Tikka Marsala Curry Paste and yoghurt, grilled. I placed the chicken on top of a wholemeal Lavash flat bread with mango chutney, tomato chutney and a sprinkle of cheese. Added to that, 1/2 a spanish onion, a tomato, small handful of almonds and raisins and grilled again. To top it off, a leb cucumber, fresh mango and Natural set yoghurt....and this was a meal for one! No wonder it topped near the 600 calorie mark. Mental note to self next time - chop pizza in half, serve with a salad and have the rest for lunch the next day! No wonder I found it so filling! And, yeah have gained back a kilo of weight already....

This morning I got up early and did RPM on my bike here at home. It is very weird doing RPM without a class to thrash, but by the time I got to Track 5, I was feeling pretty darn motivated. I have some DOMs going on in my upper body from my weights yesterday, so I am going to have some in my lower body to match tonight!

There truly is nothing better than balanced DOMS!

2 comments:

Sunny said...

Hi there, I was seriously just thinking of making pizza today/tonight! Maybe I'll go curry/tikka with it now...thanks for the idea.

Also, isn't it great to have a get-up-and-go morning? I love feeling that rush of energy from a great workout. DOMS is a nice reward, too, and shows you're working hard!

Thanks for sharing your blogger-link with CF4W. I like what you're doing here. :)
Cheers, -Sunny

LizN said...

Hey Sunny,

Thanks for visiting! It is great to see you here too :)

Hugs
Liz n