Sunday, November 19, 2006

Smacking Calories!

I really felt like a good blow out this morning, so I hopped on my bike and did RPM 31. Then I followed it up with a good dose of shoulder training in the comfort of my own study.

Behind neck press: 4 x8
Upright row with Barbell/Theraband: 4 x10
Lateral raise: 3 x 8 with Theraband raise to failure
Diamond lateral raises: 1 x 15
Ab roll back on the ball.

I've been doing a lot of reading on Alwyn Cosgrove's site. He has written a pretty informative book called "New Rules of Lifting" which approaches strength training from a more functional approach. He also has a very interesting site called "Body is a Barbell" - all about the role of bodyweight training. I'll post the links in my side bar shortly. Now that I've got little gym access, I'm really going to get into some of the newer and more cutting-edge areas of resistance and functional training. I'm also a fan of Ian King who is an Australian Strength/Conditioning legend - I was lucky enough to watch him train athletes over a number of years and learnt a lot from him as well.

Eating has not been too bad today, though I overdid the probiotic vanilla icecream. Cest la vie.

2 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Liz,

I'll have to check out those links. I'm a train at homer too as I dont want to running out to a gym after 8pm which is my training time. So I have a pretty good set up at home AND I'll be training with Josh from PE who I'll trust to guide me in what I have to do to be stageworthy by October next year.

Cheers
Magda

Splice said...

Sounds like your doing great hun :-)