Friday, November 10, 2006

And the feeling is strong...


I thought I would throw this quote in today as I love Leo Tolstoy ( my best Leo moment was telling my bro who was showing off that he had read "Anna Karenina" when he actually hadn't..that poor Anna had thrown herself under a train..the look on his face was simply priceless) and that the lens that we choose to view life through really does impact on how happy we are.

I'm currently dealing with moving house. Yes, here comes our tenth move in ten years and I'm just a little bit sick of it! I've never moved anywhere though where there was no gym and this is going to be really tough. I have to look through the lens and truly believe that I can get a kick butt workout at home with little equipment rather than throwing the towel in. I've just bought my very own BOSU and am going to add a few heavier weights to my collection.

I went to the WWW and ran on the treadmill - did an awesome 40min run and felt really strong. I listened to a mix of all of my favourite Track 3,5,7 from my RPM CDs which really helped the adrenalin rush. I also did a small back workout. Until I really nail my goals, I think my workouts will suffer somewhat.

Nutrition has been OK, but not stellar - I'm still riding the topsy turvy post competition wave, though it is really been allayed by trying out new salads etc. Plus having a small piece of Koko Black and savouring every mouthful helps as well!

4 comments:

Sam D-M said...

Hey Liz,

You have moved around a lot!

Although you may not have a gym, you know what you are doing and i think you will make the most of the situation with your positive outlook.

My eating has been shocking, but i figure their is not much i can do about it at the moment... have to eat what i am served - LOL

Take care

Sam

Ali said...

Good luck with your move Liz, Those recipes look great, must try some off them.

that pic and quote are both awesome,

Hope you have a great weekend!!

Alixx

RaeC said...

Where there is a will, there is a way my love... if you really want to improve your physique at home, then you will find a way to do it. After all, necessity is the mother of invention!! Now get onto those home fitness suppliers and get yourself a sponsorship... LOL!! xxx

Anonymous said...

I just know you will find some fantastic way to blitz your home workouts hun:)
And what better reason to add to your gym equipment:)
i hope moving goes well and isn't too stressful for you.
Have a fatastic weekend hun:)
Em:)