Sunday, November 12, 2006

Time to Refocus!


I must admit, I have been having a real struggle with trolling for food this last week. It has been driving me nuts. Part of it has to do with not setting a new goal immediately and the other part has to do with being overly anxious about what the future will bring.

I have been reintroducing "trigger foods" back into my life, the type where "one bite is too many and a thousand are never enough". Like many other women, I have a problem with certain sugary concoctions, namely my own cooking. It is weird, I am fine with store bought baked goods and chocolate, yet I cannot resist my own baking. Once you start reintroducing trigger foods, it sets you on a path of backsliding and emotional angst. The emotional cost of eating these foods is just not worth it - they don't improve my self worth, my feelings of mastery or my anxiety levels. In fact, apart from the momentary pleasure of the taste, the bad far outweighs the good. I have thrown all of my baking ingredients out. It isn't worth it. I'll probably find the next few days rough as I "de tox" from the sugar, and then I will feel much better. I've been here before.

I'm planning a big week of training. I'm feeling pretty strong despite all of the upheavals.

5 comments:

Superchic-happy and healthy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm not sure who you are on the OCB forum...screenname???
I do know from reading your first post you struggle with the same things that my sis and I do. She finished her first competition in June and had a lot of set backs over the summer...namely no goal set as you have said. Now she has goals and she is 100% on track. It definitely helps. I would feel like I was free falling out of control if I didn't have goals. This lifestyle is amazing me everyday with the people I meet. Really thanks for stopping by my blog, I love meeting others that have some of the same goals in life as me.

Superchic-happy and healthy said...

Hahaha sorry I just went through the past comment I left and you had replied. ooops. Sometimes i guess I just lose my mind....low carbs?!?! maybe....

Spartze said...

Hey u, I've been the same with food, love home cooking though, have had cake bought in to me last week, members are trying to fatten me up ;)
I moved countries 4 times in about a 3 year period and countless times into different rentals so understand where your coming from, the future will be what ever you make of it, you'll so be ok xo

Anonymous said...

Hang on be right back......

Ok my cupboards are cleared and so too is my fridge no more sugary bad foods for me!!

I have had this exact same struggle since falling preggy, in the beginning i was still going to the gym and maintaining my cleanish ;) eating but since the end of my second trimester and all my hip trouble i to have let some "trigger" foods sneak back into my cupboards :(

Today is a new day:)
Em:)

PS
I love the pic hun, i have some amazing shots of you that i printed out and stuck on my fridge for motivation:)

Miss Positive said...

Liz i reckon its that beautiful aroma of baking that does it. Store bought stuff misses out on that part. Good idea to clean out the cupboards, if it aint there you cant eat it! (thats my motto! LOL!)

Hilary xx