Wednesday, September 09, 2009

It's Not Right but It's OK...

I'm going to make it anyway... la la la (Track 10a, Bodystep).

I can't believe that I taught Bodystep today, given all of my foot issues. I'm a little tender, but I'm OK. The worst part was that I woke up at 2.30am thinking about choreography, couldn't get back to sleep and then decided at 3.30am, be done with it, hopped up and went over the class - I must have looked a sight dancing round the loungeroom in my PJs in the wee hours of the morning.

Had a really interesting (and painful!) visit to see my physio, Louise who got to work on my stiff ankles, toe flexors and subtalar joint. I have bruises up and down my calves from my session, but now my ankles are moving freely and I'm feeling better. The podiatrist visit was pretty good too - apparently I under pronate and I've got to get new shoes and a new set of orthotics. He was pretty confident my issues would be sorted and I've got all manner of padding under my feet and on my old orthotics and I felt much better teaching step this morning.

Feeling tired and physically and emotionally drained from other goings on that I'm choosing not to blog about. Part of me just wants to let it rip, but the more sensible side just tells me to let it go now and move on. I read so many blogs that have such an rarefied air of politeness about them, I'm amazed that more of us just don't let it go - vent our spleens, state our cases. Who wrote "injustice rankles?" It's a great turn of phrase.

I think it just might be time for a nanna nap....

3 comments:

ss2306 said...

If it's gonna make you feel better to get it off your chest then fuck it - let it rip!!

Kek said...

Awesome that the foot issues are improving.

As for the rest, you could write it all down and then sit on it for a couple of days. You'll know whether to post it or not by then.

Valley Girl said...

I agree let it rip...

Shelley wheres your blog gone to?
I miss reading x