Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Do it, do it, do do do it!

Just home from work - two by two, two clients and two classes. I taught the new RPM in its entireity this morning and then teamed up with Miss Janene and tackled Bodystep at 9.20am. Right now I'm feeling on top of the world - best described as that feeling you have after you've finished an exam.

I haven't blogged the past few days because I've been stuck in the big bad bog of procrastination. Yes, I've been marinating in my own bad self trying to force myself to learn the choreo and trying every trick in the book to avoid the task at hand - which included wandering past the fridge, opening it, listening for the BEAST then telling it to shut up as I went back to my choreo. I reckon that I have two weeks of hell trying to learn it all and then when it is done, it is the best feeling in the world.

I got up super early this morning to polish off RPM and being a 6.10am class in a now extremely cold and airconditioned studio didn't relish the thought of training - but I gave myself a stern talking to and did a "pre" warm up before the class actually began and it made such a difference.

So the take home message I'm trying to drum into myself is to "just do it" - I know I feel so much better when faced with a task I'm not thrilled about doing, is to "just do it" and get it over and done with!

ON that note, I'd better go and do some housework... something that I NEVER relish the thought of!

4 comments:

ss2306 said...

I remember revising choreo for an rpm class after returning home from Vegas and ended up at Baskin & Robbins so I completely understand the stress, procrastination and fridge opening but good on you for getting through it and "doing it" and no doubt you smashed it!

Looking forward to catching up tomorrow.

Now, stop procrastinating and get that ironing done (hehehe).

SeLiNa said...

Hmmm... sounds like me and routine practice!!!!!!!
Sounds like me and most stuff really ;)

Kerry W said...

Funny that...got home from the gym tonight and said to my husband..."you know, if I thought about all the workouts I had to do over a week, I don't think I'd actually get up the gumption to go do them. So I don't think about what I have to do. I just GO and when I get to the gym I'm fine."
'Just do it' works for me too Liz. :)

Shar said...

Oh Liz, I soooooo know how you feel!!
I do the whole 'annnndd breeeathhe' speech alot in the two weeks from the QW to the launches!!
This time I had to launch BA and BB on my own, one after the other!! ARRRGGHHHH!!
BUT, as you said it all came together and you feel great! I hadn't thought about the exam analogy.....like it.
Well done on shutting the beast up.
Shar