Saturday, March 22, 2008

It's another Take 5 - on Saturday


I'm going to follow Leslie's lead and post another Take 5 momentarily but first a quick catch up. We had a pretty quiet Good Friday and this morning, it was business as usual as I taught my weekly Hi Performance RPM. I had a full room which was nice and I felt really good throughout the entire workout. I arrived at Fitness First about 30 minutes early and did 30 minutes of low intensity/drill work before I started and I think that made a huge difference. As we are going away next week for a family holiday, it made me realize that I only have two more RPM Hi Perfomrance classes to teach before my surgery, which I must admit is rather nerve wracking. I'm planning on really caning these next three weeks in terms of exercise - I will run, swim and play tennis whilst we're away and then I'm going for two weeks of grunt before I go into self imposed slugdom for the next few months. I'm not looking forward to this at all as exercise to me is as essential as brushing my teeth, but from what I've read, going back too soon just extends the healing process further.

Here I go...TAKE FIVE:

FIVE Favourite Snack Foods:

1) apples
2) hummus dip and veggies
3) Slim Secrets bars - my favourite being the Rev Up or the Afternoon Snack Attack
4) My Crunchola Recovery meal
5) nectarines, peaches etc with natural yoghurt

FIVE Favourite Quotes:

1) "The heart has reasons the head knows nothing of" Blaise Pascal
2) "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" Eleanor Roosevelt
3) "I have run the great race, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith." St Paul in Timothy 4:7-8
4)"Anyone can do something when they WANT to do it. Really successful people do things when they don't want to do it" .- Dr. Phil
5)"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right" .- Henry Ford

FIVE Things you love about your job:

1) I get to make a difference in people's lives
2) I get to connect with like minded people with the backdrop of awesome music on a regular basis
3) I get to learn about what makes people tick
4) I see a whole spectrum of emotions in my job and share successes and pick people up when they are feeling down
5) It keeps me feeling young!

FIVE Places I would like to live

1) Oregon, USA
2) Vancouver, Canada
3) Sunshine Coast, Australia
4) Perth, Australia
5) Northern Beaches, Sydney Australia

FIVE Things I love about blogging:

1) I've met some fantastic people blogging
2) I can write about all sorts of dribble whenever I feel like it
3) I have experienced all sorts of perspectives from different bloggers that I really appreciate!
4) It's a way of escaping and connecting with myself.
5) I can practice writing.

6 comments:

Louise Wedgwood said...

LOVE that picture!

Kek said...

The self-imposed slugdom? That's tough to deal with. Stock up now on books, magazines, DVDs and projects you can work on to keep yourself from going nuts.

Getting back into exercise is a little frustrating, but your body will tell you what you can (and more importantly what you can't) do.

Enjoy your holiday! :o)

leslie said...

I'm so glad you're doing this -- it's fun to get to know you!

Raechelle said...

Thanks for sharing!
I'm from Oregon...and yes-if you have to live in the states-that's a great spot. Lots of outdoor activities to enjoy and very green!

Em said...

Hi Hun :)
Wishing you all the best for your hard slogging at the gym and on your holidays I like the way you think craming it all in before you undergo surgery and i hope that your recovery goes as smoothly but being such a fitness bunny I reckon you will have no trouble:)
Happy easter hun :)
Em:)

A Prelude To... said...

GOOOOO Oregon!!!!

:-) Julie