Today has been one of those days where I've needed to stick to facts and avoid feelings. It may sound a bit peculiar coming from someone like me that really values the power of intuition, however being 100% reliant on your feelings isn't such a brilliant idea.
For example, if I had listened to my feelings and not looked at the facts, I would have:
- blown off my workout because I'm feeling lazy and hey I'm maintaining so it doesn't matter..
- eaten some Anzac biscuits with morning tea today because they were there and looked yummy...
- eaten a big bowlful of icecream because I'm really 'craving' it and hey I'm 'maintaining now' so it shouldn't matter...
The facts are that:
- I've eaten very well today, plenty of veggies, lean protein, water and a decent amount of calories - it's even more important to eat well because you're maintaining.
- I've done my training because it's important to me to feel good as well as look half decent
- there's no physiological reason why I need the extra empty calories today, no PMS or TOM or extra heavy training.
- that maintenance requires effort, as does paddling upstream and losing weight....
-AND most importantly that my long term goals are so much more important than short term gratification.
I do have a little goal that is important to me - I want to be 59.0kg on my second consult date and today I am 59.9kg. In my photos I am 63kg - there was about 3kg of TOM bloat hanging around. If I want to achieve this goal, I must paddle a little harder - not be stupid, but paddle nevertheless.
Training: 1/2 Kenpo X Plus (nowhere near as good as the first one), Spinervals 30 min technique clinic.