Friday, May 01, 2009

Making My Mind Up!

I was going to find a photo of Buck's Fizz, but I decided that I don't want to inflict that upon any of you that read this blog, so I'm going Blankety Blank instead.

I made a decision tonight, that is I'm not going to compete in the INBA titles in Brisbane on the 17th May.

I hate admitting it, but a lot of the reason is financial - we've just made our first drawdown for the house and we're thinking of sending the girls to Ipswich Grammar next year. When I added up the cost of joining the INBA, the entry fee, the tan etc, I just felt that what I would gain from the experience would not be as worth as much to me as that money will be going somewhere else.

A lot of people often pull out of a comp because of insecurity about how they are looking - in my case, this couldn't be further from the truth. I look amazing, I am fit, I am toned and I cannot wait to have my photos done with Dallas on the Monday following the comp! Everytime I pass my reflection in the mirror (after checking out my biceps of course) ,I marvel and smile at how good I look and feel (especially after sleeping in this morning).

Over dinner tonight, I reflected on if my decision would change what I ate tonight. No, things went on just as normal.

I can't wait to see everyone at the show and I cannot wait to show everyone my photos.

7 comments:

Flea said...

I'm glad you look and feel so FAB!!! I look forward to see your photos. It's a great feeling to make decisions and to know it was the best ones at the time.
Your girls are blessed to have such a great mother.

KRISTIN said...

Sorry to hear Liz, but good on you for making a hard decision and not letting it get you down or change what you are doing now. I bet it was a tough one. Hope to see you compete one day though!

Kris

Kek said...

I understand exactly where you're coming from. The house will last a long time (and cost a bomb!); competing is definitely a fleeting moment.

It'd be nice to do whatever you want, regardless of cost, but in the real world, you have to have priorities.

Photos...can't wait!

Cherub said...

Tough call Liz but I'm sure you thought long and hard about it and have made the decision that is right for you and your family.

Sara said...

Will you still do your photos? At least you can still get some decent pics to use in bragging and envy inducing behaviours. Being on stage is not the main point of being fit and lean anyway. ;)

Kerry W said...

Hi Liz

Only you know what is best for you, and it's good to hear that you're brave enough to do just that! I look forward to seeing you again at the titles and also seeing your pics!

Ciao for now...Kerry :)

Raechelle said...

Good for you! No shame in that at all girl! The comp thing is not even a full 15 mintues-more like 5 LOL! Being healthy and strong long term is much more rewarding! My opinion anyway :-)