Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stretching My Limits


Just wrapping up a pretty busy weekend up here in Brissy - taught my usual Hi Performance class on Saturday. I still have a long way to go before I can say that I'm really fit, but Saturday's effort was better than the previous attempt, so I am content. I think this is the hardest part to accept when you're coming back from a huge layoff - that you can't compare your "new" self to your old self - I am now choosing to compare myself to the baseline I achieved when I first started back to teaching RPM. The same thing will happen when I return to strength training.

The doctor thought that my shoulder isn't behaving as if I have a labral tear, which is good news. Yet, I'm still booked in for another ultrasound guided cortisone shot and I have a referral to an orthopedic surgeon if Plan A (the cortisone shot) doesn't do the trick. My other shoulder is now starting to grumble so I am back at the physio ASAP.

With all this going on, it's been time to reassess my goals. I'm still keen on becoming a FHMF, but I'm going to have to take a few more steps to get there. Rather my goal is to focus on being consistent with both my nutrition and exercise (ie getting something done!) Last week, I'm pleased to say I achieved both aims, had to give my Inner Sugar Beast a bit of a smackdown yesterday - it's good to realize sometimes that a craving can be just a craving and not actually mean anything, and trained every day before the PT Induction.

I have a pretty busy week lined up and my goal again is to achieve consistency with both eating and exercise.

No comments: