Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Moving at the Speed of Light!

This week has certainly been a bit of a whirlwind, but not as stressful as last week - I think I'm starting to get used to the earlier starts and the combination of familiarity and the reminder to continue to honour myself first is helping a lot. When I say "honour myself", that is to ensure that I get my training in, eat well and make sure I take recovery when I need it. Today I taught RPM and was marvelling at how much my strength has improved on the bike since returning to teaching and I had a 30 minute window of opportunity to squeeze in a leg workout - goal is to be more committed to my strength training - I had a very productive session of box squatting and front plate step ups - doesn't sound like much, but I'm feeling that nice DOMsy sensation in my glutes already! With everyone else suffering from glute DOMS, I didn't want to miss out on the party. Recovery wise, I sat down for an hour and read the paper from cover to cover and had a nice cup of tea :)

Tomorrow I will squeeze in a run and some upper body work including deep neck flexor work, rotator cuff work and some gentle push and pull work. The neck work I have learnt from my physio - we had a minor breakthrough on Tuesday - my breathing patterns are activating my superficial neck muscles and giving me a lot of "tone" where I don't need it. I am working on my breathing!

Nutrition is going well - had a "I want to bake because secretly I'm after some sugar/fat" moment and realized that I couldn't have a moment like this because I had no suspect ingredients in the house to bake with and I couldn't be bothered to drive to the store. That's a round won to Liz and not the monsta Sugar Fairy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beat that sugar fairy into a pulp and take no prisoners Liz. *yeeeaah* :o)

Lia xxx