Sunday, December 17, 2006

Weekend Catch Up

After dealing with PMS earlier in the week I am now dealing with the phenomenon of Sundayitis which loosely translates to the feelings one can get every Sunday about "where the hell am I going in life right now" interspersed between the weekly cleaning, lawnmowing and meal prep (if I am that organized).

I still have not decided what direction I am going to take next year with my training. I know that if I am to keep going with Figure, then I need to do something surgically about my belly. If I do anything about the old belly I want it to be for more reason that what a Figure Judge may potentially think. I have a bit of thinking to do there. What totally puts me off though is the recovery time. I find it hard enough to sit still as it is and a long recovery time in the middle of Woop Woop just may send me round the twist. I am going to see my GP when I go home on Thursday and have a chat with her about it.

The other thing I have been considering is buying a road bike. There is a lot of flat road out here and I reckon cycling it could be a lot of fun. I am trying to do some research on what would be the best type of bike for me.

Weight training wise, I am going to tackle P90X which is a home based gym style program which runs for 12 weeks and then I am rather keen to try one of Alwyn Cosgrove's conditioning programs or perhaps one of Ian King's. I'd really like to keep developing my upper body in 2007!

Looks like I need to work more on some goals (which I'm going to put into my sidebar here and tick off as I go).

This week however, I am trying to fit in a few RPM sessions on the bike. I am teaching a few classes at Fitness First when I'm home, so I want to make sure I'm at my "give them a thorough thrashing" best.

5 comments:

Geovanni Derice said...

If there's ever been a guy who knows how to get people in crazy shape for a figure competition is Alwyn Cosgrove. While I did see the P90x on television this morning, I'm confident that Alwyn's program called Afterburn will get your to the body fat percentage you're looking for.

Splice said...

Hey Liz!
Looks like you have a lot of research to do in relation to the surgery. Costs would be a big factor aswell, and like you said the recovery will be boring. But if you speak with your doctor you may find recovery will not be that long, you just don't know what they can do these days.
Either way keep us posted as to what she says.
Have a great day.
Debs

Sam D-M said...

Hey liz,

road cycling is extremely addictive!! i cant wait to get the all clear and get on my belovered 'stealthy' again :-) you really need to do your research because it can become a big investment, but i got mine on payback terms and it worked out at about $10 a week....

their are so many variables, and if you need advice send me an email and i'll be happy to help.

i got so absorbed it it that i was riding up to 70km on saturday mornings... couldnt get enough.

Have you read any lance armstrong books?

I would have never thought i could have become a lycra devotee :-)

Hope you are feeling relieved of the dread curse symptoms :-)

sam

LizN said...

Deb,
I will definitely keep you posted!

Sam,
I had forgotten that you were a lycra devotee too. I think I will give you a shout out about what to buy. I don't think it will be until I get back from hols though. Looks like I need to spend more than I thought, so we will see.

Geovanni,

Nice to meet you. I'm done competing for the year and am actually seeking info on Alwyn for the unique twists he seems to put into his programs (I am in a remote area of Australia and have limited resources) rather than losing body fat at this stage. Thanks for the input :)

Liz N

Anonymous said...

Hi Liz,
I really feel for you and your tummy delemma! i am so worried about what mine is going to look like after i have had baby number 2 and then shred the fat, i am so worried it will look gross i know before falling preggy it was kinda looking like bum!!! on the front of me and it hung GORSS i know sorry for the mental picture, but i started looking into surgery too i think starting with your doctor is the best place and then LOTS of research.
Good luck with your planning and goal making, once you decide where you are heading the hard decisions of sugery should come alittle easier:)
Wishing you all the best hun!
Em:)

I know its little help but i reckon you look smashing and those judges are blinde ;)