Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Finding a happy food place..

Quickly catching up to report that I did Drill Max (as depicted above) - great workout - who says you can't get fit at home? I also went for a 30 minute walk.

This morning I went for a 40 minute run and did a shortish back and hamstrings workout.
Running music this morning consisted of some odd tracks - "St Elmo's Fire", "I Go To Rio", "Don't Cha" and "Easy Lover (RPM remix" - I managed to get four decades of music into one workout!

The past few days I have come to the realization that I need to be eating more. I have unintentionally starving myself by staying too close to pre competition mode. I started by adding more vegetables and lean protein and enjoyed a handful of cashews as a snack yesterday. For some reason I associate nuts with Christmas time..ie do I go "nuts" at Christmas? Anyway I feel so much better for eating more and feeling a little silly that I didn't "listen" hard enough to what my body was telling me. Yes, I've gained some weight but I still look pretty darn good. I reckon if you stick to lots of vegetables and good sources of lean protein, lean protein and "good" fats with the odd treat thrown in you can't go wrong.

It seems so simple, this way of eating that any sane competitor adopts, yet why do so many criticize us for it? These are usually the whingeing "poor me, I'm sooo fat" couch potato slobs who want a packet of pills and a "quick fix".

I love this way of eating and this Lifestyle. Life is way too short to eat crappy food.

3 comments:

Janew said...

YAY I hear you Liz!!! eating that way is just the best and also makes me feel ALIVE!
most people just want the quick fix!
its funny that lazy eaters find how we eat strange and dont understand how we enjoy our food but I find what they eat strange and cant understand how they can enjoy what they eat..

Keep up the awesome workouts and keep smiling
jane :-D

Bug's Mumma said...

I'm hearing ya! My housemates buy loads of processed cr*p - burgers, pies, white bread, frozen chips, snags and multipacks of 2 minute noodles - then wonder why they are tired all the time, sleep all weekend and have no energy. Well dur! Haha

xo

RaeC said...

AMEN!!