Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The Room of Requirement and the Chest Matrix

I love giving things names, so the dingy room that they call a gym here has now become "The Room of Requirement". It has a lat pull down machine with various attachments, a leg press machine and a few random weights, so I can still get a pretty decent back workout if I put my mind to it.

Yesterday was spent logging another run and spending half an hour in the ROR training my back. I had a client travel from Woop Woop to see me and I must say I am impressed with the transformation thus far - a total of 27cm lost over eight sites and starting to look very lean and toned. She was of normal size and weight which makes such a huge loss so significant. She's lost bodyfat and gained muscle (her total weight loss is only 2.5kg). I'm also having great success with the few online people I train as well.

Last night Miss G was extremely sick with an ear infection and I spent most of the night up and down. Then she woke up at 4.30am, so there was my workout for the day blown. I was feeling rather blue about it as I also had a nasty scale spike which I am sure was carb and salt related, until I decided to plonk the G in front of "Playschool" - did RPM 32 tracks 1-6 and then did my own bad chest matrix in the Bolthole.

Chest Matrix:

I used 40lb barbell.
Bench Press on Stability Ball: (8 explosive reps, 8 at 4:1:1:1 tempo ) x 2 followed by 12 full BOSU ball push ups with varied hand placement, all repeated 3 times. I could not complete all the bench pressing by the 3rd set and was begging for mercy after the BOSU push ups.

I then did a couple of sets of incline flyes on a medicine ball - this helps to "open up" chest and front shoulder area - 3 x15

Add a set of bicep curls to the mix and the morning went from blowing off exercise to actually doing something constructive.

I'm very pleased - this is one girl who will not "die with the music in her".

4 comments:

Sam D-M said...

Hi Liz,

Do you like the new RPM? Because i cant teach i participated in one on monday night and i enjoyed it.. really like this tape!

Sam

Anonymous said...

If anyone can make this work hun its you:)
Here i am complaining about the gyms in my area and poor you don't even have a choice which gym to go to let alone complain about, and yet you make something rather negative come out so positive and even give it alittle humor and name it :)
Keep up the great work hun i can't wait to see you in action :)
Em:)

Spartze said...

Your very motivating for me at the moment Liz :) love your sense of humour.

Splice said...

You're commitment to training and staying healthly in such a remote place is inspiring!
Luv,
Deb