Thursday, December 14, 2006

PMS...yuck!



Don't ya just hate PMS? I'm telling you, it turns me from a mild mannered, even tempered kind of gal into a psycho cow of massive proportions. No one is safe from me when I am in the clutches of it and luckily I only seem to experience the off-the-richter scale variety once every six months or so.

Who copped it this month - let's see. I went down to Woop Woop to do the shopping with Miss G. I decided to buy her a sandwich from Subway. I wheeled my trolley in through the entranceway which was very narrow when I was told by the manager that "I couldn't read the sign" (which had been conveniently placed on the other window) and that trolleys weren't allowed in the store because people kept "running into the door" and smashing it. I mildly suggested that they change the entranceway to be more user friendly as there was a lady struggling to get in with a pram. She started telling me to take the trolley outside when all of a sudden Vesuvius erupted (yes, me) and started yelling at her that it was "typical of a place like Woop Woop, where you are all so two headed, not to think of who was going to use your facility and design the place accordingly!" I then went on to say that her attitude to me showed a "superiority complex that was not warranted in such an environment". I couldn't believe my outburst - I just wanted the ground to swallow me up there and then so I could just disappear. I don't think I'll be dining at Subway again...

Needless to say, chocolate was definitely warranted today. I'm just so glad that in a few short days it will be all over.

On the brighter side of life, I got in a run this morning and felt really good. I also bench pressed a PB in the Room of Requirement, benching 40kg very easily for 8 reps - I have lifted heavier, but I cannot remember lifting that weight so easily.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG hun your a cracker LOL
It sucks when you feel like that, This past week i have been feeling the same my poor hubby has been getting the brunt of it, isn't it strage how it seems to come from nowhere!!
Hope you feel better soon:)
Em:)

Janew said...

Hey Liz..ohh you poor gal!Yes it will all be over in a few days :)

although it sounded like you did have a point to make a subway!!

Awesome work on bench!! its great when you have good lifts like that

jane xo