Monday, December 18, 2006

Day of ups and downs



Today was a day of ups and downs. Firstly I got up and did Bodymax 2 again with an increased step height which was pretty challenging. Then I prepped all of our food to take with us to Woop Woop in the interests of eating healthily and saving the hip pocket. I was especially proud of the fact that I had remembered everything. Only I hadn't - after running all of my errands in WW, I came home to discover that I had locked the keys in the house. I had to contact DH and whilst we were waiting for him to turn up with a spare key, took the girls to the local coffee hang out for afternoon tea (not so good for the hip pocket now ).

The other news is that my Father in Law has been diagnosed with bowel cancer. Surprising as the Outlaws actually lead a pretty healthy lifestyle - they play tennis, golf and recently bought mountain bikes and eat fairly well most of the time. Luckily it only seems to be in the one spot at this time and FIL is going in for surgery ASAP. DH jokes that he's trying to "ruin Christmas" but I know that he is pretty upset about the news.

5 comments:

Miss Positive said...

Liz I'm sorry to hear about your father in law, sending him and your family some healing thoughts and vibes...

Hilary xx

Janew said...

Hi Hon. Sorry to hear about your father inlaw,I hope all goes well.

take care, train hard!
Jane xo

Ali said...

Hope all goes very well for your father in law, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family xx

Have a wonderful Christmas and new Year!!

Alixxx

RaeC said...

Am thinking of you hon and sending prayers your way. Sounds like they caught it in plenty of time though... they have made such amazing progress in the treatment of bowel cancer in the past decade. I am sure he will be fine. Stay strong sweetheart... xxx

Jodi said...

Sorry about your dad-in-law, bowel cancer is a real worry these days, all the more reason to be healthy (and eat less meat as I tell the other half who is a massive red meat eater!!).

Haven't commented for awhile liz but I still follow your blog regliously!!! Gotta get my fix of liz, little energiser bunny who lifts me up!!!

Thank you for you wonderful support this year, you are truly an exceptional woman, you are such an inspirational, your honest posts always make me laugh and give us all the courage to tackle things as if you can do it the rest of us can, you are an infectious person Liz!

I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas to you and your fam, I hope 07 brings health, happiness and wonderful times for you and your family. I hope you find peace with your belly, I hate mine to because of my scar and distorted belly button (not much of one!).

Thank you for your support and I feel extremely privledged to follow you and your journey these past few months!!

Take care and Merry Christmas Liz!