Monday, December 04, 2006

Training in "The Bolthole"


I am really proud of what I have achieved this morning - firstly I went for a 35 minute run outside, which is great for me as I am a real 'comfort princess' and prefer the treadmill to 'real' running. Unless you run out of town proper, a run around the town takes about 15 minutes, so I headed down one of the roads leading out of town and had to navigate a dog (this place is the Dog Capital of Australia I reckon - a dog or two in every backyard) and three kangaroos as well as plenty of black flies.

Then I went swimming in the pool next door which is the jewel of the town - an Olympic size pool. I did 1500m in about 25 minutes (I think)

200 warm up with fins
200 warm up no fins
4 x 100 freestyle on 2.15
2 x 50 back
2 x 50 free
pull 50m, 100 m free x 2
kick 200 m

Then after I dropped Sarah off at school I gave my shoulders a pasting, ala Di in the tiny study which is now my "gym"/office - now known as "The Bolthole". It felt very strange, trying to push the limits in the study, but once I started (and got my IPOD going) I managed to punch out

Shoulder press with barbell: 4x 8
Upright row: 4 x 10 with BOSU rollbacks
Lateral raise: 4 x10 with planks on BOSU

Hooray for kicking some butt this morning! I have made the commitment to do 400 minutes of solid exercise this week and I'm looking forward to buying some stationery as a reward at the end of the week :) Yes, I am a stationery junkie.

5 comments:

Ali said...

good luck with your goal this week, I like stationery as well :)

Alixx

LizN said...

Thanks Ali ;)

Hugs
Liz;)

RaeC said...

Great to hear you are finding a way to get your training done in your new home Liz. I'm also glad to hear you are making some new friends, which would be easy for such an outgoing, lovely person like yourself. Keep up the awesome work!! xxx

Miss Positive said...

I'm with you Liz, much prefer zoning out on the treadmill rather than running outside. At least you dont have to dodge traffic (or dogs or kangaroos!!)

Good luck with the exercise goal this week!

Hilary xx

PS I'm a stationery junkie too - I have a thing for nice pens, and notebooks!

Magda said...

Hi Liz,

great effort. I've just started my new program from Josh and am training at home (after 8pm) due to work and family commitments. Its harder than walking into a well equipped gym, isnt it?? Harder to adapt equipment, change weights over after most sets (takes ages)and to push to your limits.

Keep up the good work.

cheers

Magda